Welcome!

"Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn't know you had, and dealing with fears you didn't know existed." -Linda Wooten

Monday, February 17, 2014

Uh-Oh (A Manic Monday Post)

It's always a good sign when you open your email - and your devotion of the day is titled "Giving Up Control" and your reaction is Oh goodness!
 
 I have control issues - and my weekend has been living proof that I don't deal well when things get out of control - and by out of control I mean, out of MY control. 
 
From my marriage, to friendships, to parenting - I like to have a strong grasp on what is going on. I don't necessarily want to be the person in charge, I just want to help direct the course. I want my input to be valuable and put to use. But let's be honest - in the grand scheme of my life - God doesn't really need my input. He doesn't need me charting my own course. But I every time I do this - and I have experienced this enough times to know (you would think I would have learned my lesson by now) I make a major mess of things. (Ah - alliteration, for all you English junkies, am I the only one?) 
 
I am called to abandon my life to Him; to lay down my desires, wants and need to control - so He can shape my life into what HE wants it to be. Since we're all being honest here - I have to admit, this doesn't come easily for me.

But he [God] said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness'. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NIV

But I have to remember - God has a bigger plan that I cannot see. And the mess I see spiraling out of control could very well be the groundwork for my greatest blessing.

So today - if this week has started off kinda crazy (like most Manic Mondays do) and you find yourself stressing out at your loss of control - remember - God's grace is sufficient for you and His power is made perfect in your weaknesses. Let it go girlfriend - lay it all into the hands of Almighty God. Control isn't nearly as comforting as trust and abandonment in Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

”related