Welcome!

"Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn't know you had, and dealing with fears you didn't know existed." -Linda Wooten

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow Day!!

We had a major winter storm blow in yesterday, here in North Carolina. Thankfully we were all stocked up on our milk and bread! We made snow cream and built snowmen and had the best time! After all of the snow bunny and snow deer construction was over - I plopped down in the snow and just say back and watched the kids play.
I think I am beginning to favor snow over the beach. There's just something about the quiet it brings. The world slows down - and at night, all you can hear are flakes falling to the ground. It brings a certain kind of peace that makes me wish it would stick around a little while longer. (Nevaeh made one awesome snow deer!)
So, today was a snow day. No school for the kiddos and no work for us adults, so we played. We had some sweet friends come over - and I wish we had days like these more often. (Lillian made the snow man to her left, all by herself! She was so proud!)
As a busy mom - its easy to get caught up in the inconveniences life can bring; like 3 layers of snow clothes, muddy floors, wet snow boots and the stir-crazy that starts to set in after too many days cooped inside. But if you slow down, let go of a little bit of that control, and just join in the joy children find so easily - the blessings will far out weigh the annoyances.
 
I have all year to worry about my clean floors and washing loads of loads of snow clothes. But right now - I'm enjoying the moment. Next year - the girls will be a little older, and this time right now, I can't get that back.
 
And it gives me a great excuse to become a kid again - even if its just for one snow day :)
 


1 comment:

  1. Great pics of sissy and lilly with their snow animals and of you and chris with your big snow bunny. This is a great looking blog page also.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

”related