Welcome!

"Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn't know you had, and dealing with fears you didn't know existed." -Linda Wooten

Friday, February 20, 2015

When It All Goes Wrong...

It has been one of those days - the kind where you just want to shut yourself up in a room - cut the lights out and make the world disappear for a little while.

We were running late (as usual) - the girls were fighting, tattling and just driving me up the wall. I responded with yelling and threatening and complete chaos ensued. I rushed them to the car, I rushed them to put their seat belts on, I rushed them to school, I rushed them out of the car and the I rushed myself to work.

I unlocked my office door - thankful that I was, at least, the first one there - dropped my stuff beside my desk and started my morning.

Checked my email

Checked my to-do list

Checked my calendar

Checked my attitude...

Checked my phone

And all of these posts regarding Lent filled my Instagram feed. I sat there - feeling like a total failure! 

Here we are 40+ days out from the recognized crucifixion of our Savior and I am drowning in the mundane, every day, 'makes no eternal difference' madness.

I am side tracked, unfocused and missing the mark.

My priorities are totally out of order. For a minute I felt sorry for myself...and then I remembered...

We have brothers and sisters in Christ giving their lives up for Him - facing persecution every day - and living for Him despite the risk - and here we are...HERE I AM in America -

comfortable
safe
with freedom...

And we're restless, we're bitter, we're angry, we're rushing...why?

Because my jeans are snug and I've gain ANOTHER pound. Because the kids pick at their breakfast and at one another and I'm late for work. Because it's 5 degrees outside today and its inconvenient for me...and the list goes on...

Friends - I confess - my priorities are SO out of order. God often ends up at the bottom of my list - I put everything else, everyone else, first - I get frustrated, and upset and cry and at the end of my day I go crawling to Him, complaining about the mess I'm making of my life - when what I really need to do is start off my day in WORSHIP of the one true King.

Thanking Him for hanging on that cross and taking on My sin...

Thanking Him for conquering death...

Thanking Him for returning on that 3rd day - proving He is the one true Messiah - and offering us redemption for our ridiculous ways.


I am convicted and shamed with tears running down my face as these fingers desperately hunt for the keys on this keyboard.

I am feel like a farce - I write blog posts hoping to encourage you as a mom - today I want to encourage you as a child of God.

I, too, am guilty of putting husband, child, job and ministry first - when Jesus is the ONLY one who should hold first place in my heart.

So, during this Lenten season - I will spend more time at the foot of the cross. I will spend more time today - and each day hereafter - seeking His face first!

Will you move your focus to Him with me? Have you become distracted? What changes will you make in your life to seek God first?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

”related