Welcome!

"Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn't know you had, and dealing with fears you didn't know existed." -Linda Wooten

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year

Good riddance 2014. 2014 was a year of many blessings and many trials. I don't think I have ever been this excited to begin a new year, start fresh, turn a new page.

 
I found my list of 2014 resolutions and was disappointed that I hadn't accomplished even one of them. So, these past 365 days have been spent running in place, sometimes even taking steps, ok, maybe giant leaps, backwards.
 
But... (and there is ALWAYS a silver lining)...
 
This lack of progress - or just down right failure - has really inspired me, motivated me, driven me to make 2015 my best.year.ever.
 
My "failures" in 2014 turned out to not really be failures at all. I have learned, the hard way, WHERE I don't want to be, WHO I don't want to be and WHAT I don't want to be doing.
 
Yes, 2015 will be MY year. My 32nd year will be my defining year.
 
Some people choose a word, theme, Bible verse, etc., to be THEIR focus for the coming year. Mine is PERSEVERANCE.
 
James 1:2-4 sums up my 2014 and what I'm hoping for, for 2015, perfectly:
 

“Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete,
not lacking anything.”
Because I can never narrow it down to just one - here are my resolutions for the New Year:
 
1. Reform my eating habits, get fit and healthy
2. Focus on my blog and make my writing a priority
3. Cultivate and nurture friendships with women of like-minded faith
4. Be intentional
5. Simplify my life - so I have time to really live and enjoy my life
 
What do you hope to accomplish this year? What have you learned in 2014?
Share your resolutions with us :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

”related